Local museum trading cards
The 2012 St. Joseph Trading Cards have arrived! This 2nd year series, created by the Museum Association of St. Joseph, this collection of historical themed trading cards feature 9 various exhibit items, iconic people, or places unique to St. Joseph's history. Each card is available at its sponsoring museum and is free to collect, with a paid admission to that museum.
After the success of the 2011 series, 9 locations - Robidoux Row, The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, The St. Joseph Museums, The Remington Nature Center, Mt. Mora Cemetery and the Pony Express Museum, as well as the Andrew County Museum at Savannah, Northwest Missouri Genealogy Library in St. Joseph and the Convention & Visitors Bureau at the East Hills Library – decided to continue participating in the program.
Each museum will have a list of the trading cards so visitors can plan their tours at other sites to obtain more trading cards, Beth Carmichael, Director of Development at the St. Joseph Visitors Bureau said. "After the success of the first year, this is a program we plan to continue." she said.
Cards titles and locations available are listed below. All locations are in St. Joseph except one, the Andrew County Museum, which is north of St. Joseph.
• Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art - "William Albrecht's Big Chief" - 2818 Frederick Avenue, 816-233-7003
• Andrew County Museum - "Crystal Schweizer Adkins" - 202 East Duncan Drive, Savannah, MO, 816-324-4720
• Mount Mora Cemetery - "US Senator Robert Wilson" - 824 Mount Mora Road, 816-232-8471
• Northwest Missouri Genealogy Library - "Calla Varner" - 412 Felix Street, 816-233-0524
• Pony Express Museum - "The Founders of the Pony Express (Majors, Russell, Waddell)" - 914 Penn Street, 816-279-5059
• Remington Nature Center - "Remington Nature Center Fish" - 1502 MacArthur Drive, 816-271-5499
• Robidoux Row Museum - "Robidoux Row Building" - 3rd & Poulin Street, 816-232-5861
• St. Joseph Museum - "Nurses, 1900 St Joseph State Hospital" - 3505 Frederick Avenue, 816-232-8471
• St. Joseph Visitors Center - "Coleman Hawkins" - 502 N. Woodbine Road, Suite B, 816-232-1839
For more information, email email@example.com or contact 816-233-6688